Thursday, September 18, 2008

Catching Up

Well, not much to write about lately aside from the usual news, like Apple announcing updated iPod nanos and Touch(looking to finally ugrade my 1st generation nano to the new one), the Canadian election(battle of the losers?), and the ever comical American presidential election. Also my beloved Apple TV is in need of some service. I bought it last December refurb from apple.ca/store so thankfully it's still under warranty.(all Apple refurb products carry the same warranty as any new Apple product, making them an incredible value) It seems my Apple TV won't update to the newest software release. So I tried restoring it to original factory settings, and it won't do that either. It runs perfectly fine under the current software, but the fact that it won't go "forwards or backwards" is cause for concern. So I brought in to the Apple store at Sherway Gardens as recommended by 1-800-MY-APPLE, since they couldn't diagnose it over the phone. Turns out something maybe wrong with drive so they've ordered a new part and I'm waiting for the call to bring it back in so they can swap out the drive. That's the only downside of refurb with Apple. If I had bought it new, they would've given me a new one right there on the spot, but with refurb, they have to attempt to repair ir first, since it has already been possibly repaired initially to factory spec. It doesn't really bother me, since the price reduction and warranty coverage makes up for the minor hassle it causes.

That's all for now.

No comments: