Saturday, July 12, 2008

iPhone Fiasco

What a joke the iPhone launch in Canada was. At least Rogers is consistent in their idiocy. So many suckers... I mean people in line and after the first hour, the first 2 or 3 people, still didn't have an active iPhone to use. Yes, iTunes own servers crashed, but Rogers crashed worse, because when the iTunes servers came back up, Rogers still remained down for the rest of the day. How could they not be prepared for probably the biggest cell phone launch in Canadian history?

I'm also a little pissed that so many people lined up to wait for the phone. Way to show Rogers that you won't be gouged for the latest gadget. If you know me, you know I'm a big time Apple fan ,with my iPods and my all Mac setup, so nobody wants an iPhone as bad as me. But at the rates Rogers is offering for the phone, I can't justify getting it.

I'm getting along with my Krzr, and even figured out how to sync it with my Mac's contact list and calender via Bluetooth. Hopefully in three years when this current contract is up, someone in Canada will offer the latest iPhone with a much more reasonable rate plan. Until then it's my Krzr and iPod Nano, with me wherever I go.

No comments: