Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Firefox 3 Is Here!...And Other Updates.

Today is download day for Firefox 3. The folks at Mozilla are trying to get in the record books by having Firefox 3 be the most downloaded download in one day. I've been using the RC betas for the last month and a half, and I love it. If your still using Explorer(!?!) you should really try Firefox.

In other news, we're still waiting for our first child to be born. The room is just the way the wif...I mean the baby will like it(yeah, right). Seriously, the room looks fantastic. Judge for yourself.







On the Apple side of things, they have finally announced that the iPhone will be coming to Canada on July 11. My Bell Mobility contract is up in September, so I have some decisions to make. I'm sick of Bell's coverage in Burlington where I work, so between my lust for the iPhone and my hate on for Bell, I'm willing to pay more for the service features of the iPhone, as long as it's not too expensive. Hopefully I can finally just carry one device that's my music player and a cell phone, as my iPod Nano goes everywhere with me. And as a bonus it's a GPS unit, browser, video player, camera and email device!!

Since this impending bundle of joy will keep me from getting a new Mac for a long while, I maxed out my RAM on the iMac(2GB), to keep it humming away for a few more years yet. RAM is so cheap now, so it's the best performance value upgrade you can do. Tiger still works great for me so I don't foresee me moving to Leopard unless all my apps become useless on Tiger.

That's all for now. My next post will be me introducing our newest member of the family.

No comments: