Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Al Gore...Hypocrite!

Ok, so I lied. This is my "next post", and as I said in my previous post, it would be welcoming my first child. Well, I saw this, and just had to post this.

Some would accuse me of being a climate change denier(no longer called global warming, since more and more science is showing that parts of the earth are actually cooling). Using "their" language, I consider myself a "climate change" skeptic. The difference? A denier doesn't care what evidence there is, they just ignore it. A skeptic, keeps demanding more information. And besides, who the hell coined the term climate change? The climate is always changing!! So should we do our part to reduce our footprint on the planet? Of course!! I do my part in my house and my life(driving small cars, programmable thermostat, efficient light bulbs, etc.). Should we believe every chicken little that screams the end is nigh? Which brings me to Al Gore.

Global warming, or climate change, or whatever the next buzz phrase will be, has been a huge financial boon to Mr.Gore. The fact that he doesn't really practice what he preaches, gets ignored by most people. In this article, though he's done a bunch of "green" renovations to his estate, his energy consumption has actually gone up 10%!! You wonder, how can that be? I have a theory. It's like people who try to eat food lower in fat. They buy low fat products, and figure since it's lower in fat, they can eat more, not realizing, eating more makes it equivalent to eating the regular fat level food. I'll bet that's been the Gore, rational. "We've reducing the consumption of our appliances/electronics/lights, so we can keep them running longer." How else could you explain this?

What a hypocrite. Plus he gets tp profit handsomely from his fear mongering. Remember, consider the messenger, as well as the message.

No comments: