Monday, March 03, 2008

A Few Musings

Well another great Canadian musician has been silenced. A couple weeks ago we lost a little known but incredibly influential folk singer/songwriter Wille P. Bennett, and now the amazing Jeff Healey. I remember when I first heard him. He absolutely rocked! Then I discovered he was blind!! He was unbelievable to watch play in his videos. Unfortunately I never had the privilege to see him play live. The only thing I can say is that my guitars are gently weeping:( (He covered the Beatles/George Harrison "While My Guitar Gently Weeps beautifully. So well indeed, that George saw fit to sing background on Jeff's version).

Another thing that I'd like to mention is all the news surrounding Prince Harry's serving in Afghanistan. I really don't have much use for the royal family, but they deserve their due. He is a Prince and third in line to the throne, but serves just like any other soldier along side his countrymen. When Britain sends it's men to war, even royalty must serve. Now contrast that with George W. Bush and his war mongering. How about his daughters serving in Iraq to "take down the terrorists"?. Yeah, that's what I thought!

No comments: