Saturday, September 23, 2006

Bad Religion

Well first off, my wife called me to tell me to listen to 102.1 The Edge since they were interviewing Greg Graffin from the band. Good thing I did!! Turns out there was venue change and now the show was at The Docks instead of Arrow Hall by the airport. I would have gone there and been screwed!!. Anyway I must say. I think I'm getting old for these punk shows. It wasn't the band; they still rocked and it was like a "best of" show with them playing songs they haven't played in years(Skyscraper and The Handshake for example). Greg even did a solo acoustic encore set of Suffer and Dream of Unity, which was amazing, before the band rejoined him for Sorrow. It was the crowd. Now keep in mind The Dropkick Murphys opened up. They are a punk band that blend a lot of Celtic roots into their music, which sometimes involve alcohol. So some of their crowd are a bit rowdy. But there were plenty of bad Bad Religion fans as well. People just pushing and shoving to get to where they want to go without even a "sorry" or "excuse me". Hell, I 'm not complaining about manners per se, just don't shove me to get to where you want to go! And The Docks! First off, The Dropkick Murphys toward the end of their set ended up busting a hole in the stage, which delayed Bad Religion 45 minutes while the stage was fixed. Plus the layout of the venue, there was no where you could really go to be out of people's way. I don't really like the Kool Haus as a venue where Bad Religion have played the last umpteen times they have been to Toronto, but I'll take the Kool Haus any day over The Docks. At least you can stand in the back, enjoy the show, and not be bothered because you not packed in there. Man do I sound like an old man!! Next time they come to the area, I'll definitely take the venue into consideration. Overall: show good, crowd bad.

No comments: