Friday, June 09, 2006

The Beautiful Game!!!!

So it begins today, the one tournament even non-sports fans (such as myself) wait for every 4 years...and it ain't the Olympics!! It's World Cup Time!!! I've said it before and I'll say it again. Nothing looks better on a TV than a Futebol match! Myself being of Portuguese blood, I will be supporting Portugal. And yes if Portugal is knocked out, I will throw my support to Brazil, and I will not make any apologies for it, so quit your whining!! But let me state for the record, that since I am Canadian born and raised, if Canada were in the tournament, I would support them ahead of Portugal. I fully realize I would be in the minority among other first and second generation Canadians who would still support their "heritage" team over their own nation.

Here's the fun part. My wife is of Croatian background, so it will be fun!! Their group includes Brazil, and their first game is against Brazil. I've already gave her my condolences!!! You gotta believe the Croatian coaching staff are having the team try to play for the 0-0 tie just to survive, and I can't blame them!!

Anyway, whatever team you are supporting, here's hoping everyone enjoys the games and see ya on James St. when ever SOMEBODY wins!!1 GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOAL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2 comments:

Annica said...

Croats do not need your condolences !! Zivila Hrvatska !!!

Statsman1 said...

When Netherlands wins the tournament, THEN what will you say?