Friday, January 20, 2006

Off To Austria

I won't be able to post for at least a week, as I am off to Austria for training on a new machine that will be installed in our shop at work at the end of February. It should be interesting with my great (lack of) knowledge of the German language! We're flying into Vienna, which I'm told English won't be a problem, because of its' cosmopoliton nature. The real bummer for me is that I won't be here for election night. I already cast my vote at the advance polls last Satutday. Some guys enjoy watching sports, I like election coverage. More than which party will form the government, I really want to know who wins my riding of Hamilton East-Stoney Creek. Will Tony Valeri survive, considering all the bad press he's been getting about his land deal(more than DOUBLED his money in 3 months!!). Oh well, I hope can get acces to the net over in Austria to find out. Maybe I'll even be able to post.

Anyway, it looks like we're on our way to a Conservative minority. As long as we have a decent amount of NDP memebers elected, I can live that, because they can keep them in check. It's funny watching the latest Liberal ads with Paul Martin pretty much pleading for his job. "We've made mistakes" Well d'uhhhh. Desparation never wins you an election and besides, 12 years as the governing party, they've gotten too comfortable. Let's just hope the Conservatives don't screw us any further than the Liberals!!!

1 comment:

chad said...

i'll cut your grass while your gone