Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The Wheels Have Finally Come Off!

No, sorry folks I haven't lost my mind yet (though my married friends tell me to give it time). No, I just finally took off my summer tires and put on the winters. I already put the wife's on last weekend (brand new ice/snow tires, her safety before mine! When did she take that life policy on me?) My usual winter car ritual. Yeah it is a pain in the ass, but there is a big difference between dedicated winter tires and all seasons.

Someone busted my passenger side corner light housing, so I drove home from work last Friday with it dangling on the highway drive home, unaware to me. So off to the wreckers to find a replacement. The good thing about an older car is there is usualy lots of old used parts in decent condition. Hey, when the car is paid for, free and clear, it's worth keeping it in good condition. I love cars, I just hate buying them. That's why I "baby" them, as some would say. I drive them 'till they die...or get far to expensive to maintain.(hasn't happened yet. Compare annual maintenence cost vs. car payment, I'm still ahead. And no I will not lease!!)

I'm going to see Bad Religion in T.O. next Tuesday. Should be a good show, real high energy as always.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE THE NEW TIRES RUBBER MAN. COME ON OVER FOR A FREE OIL AND LUBE IF YOU KNOW WHAT I MEAN! LOVE, LOTION BOY!

Moniz said...

Just make sure your wife doesn't find out!