Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Another Election! Make Your Voice Heard!!

Well the government has fallen. Time to decide which yahoo we should send to Ottawa to screw...I mean represent us. Now to those who say that's exactly why they don't vote, I say that's a cop out!!! And it's exactly why the system is so flawed. If only half(if we're lucky!) of the nation votes, and doesn't really pay attention, then no wonder they can get away with screwing us(Gomery anyone!)!! We let them!! There is a saying, "People get the goverments they deserve". Well I believe we deserve more!

Now I'm not going to tell you who to vote for. That is for every person to decide for themselves. Get informed about the party platforms and decide which one resonates with you the most. Think of your candidate and how they may represent you and your riding. Sometimes the party stands for what you believe but the candidate running for that party leaves you cold. Or vice versa. Hell even if you vote for the person at the bottom of the ballot, who you even haven't got a clue who they are, the point is you exercised your right to vote and by extention the right to bitch about whatever party is in power. If you don't vote, then I don't want to hear you complain about taxes, immigration, the economy, or whatever else because you didn't pay your 2 cents by voting. People in other parts the world spill blood for the privelege to choose their own goverment, and we just piss it away.

Now I realize this is going to be an election about who Canadians hate/fear the least, but let's not kid ourselves. When the opposition keeps hammering the Liberals about corruption, it is pretty funny. Because we all know they would have been sooo much more honest. Please!! Now don't mis-understand me as defending the Liberals and their scandals, just keep in persecptive where the critisism is coming from. Sometimes change for change sake is not a good thing.

I'll get my bias right out of the way. I don't trust the Conservatives or Stephen Harper one bit! Does that mean I trust the Liberals? Not a chance in hell, but for me the question is who do I trust less? With stuff like this, the Conservatives show why most Canadians are still wary of them and are not ready to give them a chance. No American style healthcare or government for me, thanks.

Anyway, enough rambling. Just please get out there and vote for someone. I don't care if you x out the entire ballot as a protest(they are counted by the way and if there is more of them than candidate votes, then these candidates know they obviously are not offering what the people want), just get out there and VOTE! If not for your self, then for them memory of our fallen soliders and veterens who fought to keep the privelege of living in a free country where we the people choose who governs us and not some dictator!

Comments?

No comments: